Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break

This past week Jane was in St. George, Utah with her mom & dad and two sisters (Pam and Annette). This was planned so I cleared my travel schedule and Seth and I had a bachellor week filled with no-key work and relaxation. I generally went to work in the morning and came home mid-afternoon; about the time Seth got up (just kidding). Seth spent lots of time with his seminary friends, and I got caught up with my e-mail (about 250 at the beginning of the week; I'm down to about 127, most of which I've read but I'm holding onto because of actions I need to do). Seth applied for a life-guard job at the rec center and started filling out the last of his Eagle Scout paper work which needs some info from the Scout Office to complete. He also spent a lot of quality time working on his on-line driving class.

We had some sunny and warm days, so Seth was able to go to the park several times with friends and fly kites, etc. On Wednesday he ask if they could all come over to our house to watch a movie around dinner time, so ran to the store and bought some fried chicken, threw a pan of cornbread into the oven, and fed them all. Then they went to Activity Night (Mutual to you old timers) and then they all came back afterwards to finish the movie.

This is Seth's seminary group of friends. They call themselves the West Gulch Similar Religion Affiliation Group, because they aren't associated with a single ward and the boys are from the Westridge Ward and the girls from Spring Gulch. So far there aren't any pair ups. Most are 16 years old now except for Abbie; yellow shirt between Jessica (blue shirt) and Tenille (green shirt) who's b-day is in June. Then Seth has a BIG wait until November. I guess I don't have to say he's dying to get behind the wheel.


Saturday Seth and I went skiing/snowboarding. It was a great day and Seth and I both skied/snowboarded better than ever before. We like to go together because of our Colorado friends are experts but we spend time on the easier slopes and have a good time. As we were leaving Seth got a call from a friend (a girl) and asked if was going to the Stake Dance. Man...I never had a girl call ME and make sure I was going to a dance! All his friends showed up and that lasted until 11pm. In the meantime it started snowing and by morning we had two inches on the patio table (our depth gauge).

This morning (Sunday) I had to leave early for church for choir practice. I always hated those last minute practices that go on while people are arriving. I have to admit, at the beginning of practice we sounded SO BAD. The pianist was in tears because she thought she was going to wreck it and quite frankly I didn't think they would notice her mistakes over the choir. Fortunately we went over the song a bunch and more people came it started sounding better, but after the 20th time of the guys in front of me singing the same wrong note even I was getting a little frustrated. At four minutes before the time the meeting was supposed to start I told the choir director that we had to quit (the Bishopric was trying to sit on the stand). The actual performance went well and no one suspected the Easter miracle that occurred right in front of their eyes.

After church Seth and I went to the Chambers' house for dinner: ham, funeral potatoes, homemade rolls, salad, the several yummy desserts. Afterwards it was still sunny so Seth and I went for a walk on "the loop". We were going to fly our kite at the park, but we got there without kite string.

Mom comes home tomorrow so we're doing laundry and a few other preps. Seth and I generally aren't messy; we keep up the dishes and don't cook indoors all that much. We barbecue about half our meals and I cooked bacon for BLTs on my big burner in the front driveway so as to not fill the house with smoke and bacon smell that will persist for days.

2 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Sounds like my kind of week. I can't wait for this summer and the move.

Jarom

Jarom and Melissa said...

Sounds like the two bachelors lived it up for the week. Good for you!
-- Melissa