Sunday, October 31, 2010

Westridge Ward Halloween Party (for Jane)

These are pictures from our ward Halloween party last night. Most of these are random people, but I wanted Jane to see them seeing as how she had this entire event planned before she left for Boston. I never want to do another one of these events that Jane planned and I have to execute again, but people really had a good time, plus my chili won a prize.

I was so worried that we were going to run out of food, that I made a huge pot of chili that probably could have fed 40 people. All fresh ingredients, rotisserie-roasted meat, lots of cheese, bacon, four kinds of beans; it was great, but too much work. About four inches (20 servings?) were eaten and what was I going to do with four gallons of chili leftovers? We ended up putting it into about eight one-gallon ziplock bags and putting it in the church kitchen freezer where the Relief Society president could tell appropriate families to pick up a bag or two after church.

some of the ingredients for my chili (times two)































3 comments:

Sariah Marie Hafen said...

Looks like it was a heck of a party! Aunt Jane is so good at organizing and planning. Congrats on your chili prize!

Melissa said...

It was a great party!

Seth said...

Sure looks good dad! Good pictures! Looks like your party was a complete success as usual. Hard to get released though when you're so good.