Thursday, April 1, 2010

Random Stuff on my Phone

This is the sign as you leave the secuity checkpoint at Milwaukee International Airport. I didn't happen to notice the sign over the security checkpoint, but I loved the local humor. I'm sure I committed a felony taking this picture.



So the big event for Mom when we spent the weekend in Arizona wasn't being together or me in particular, but this big national meeting of the "Red Hat" ladies. This is a social group of mostly retired women that get together, play dress up, and wear big/red hats. Mom was so thrilled and excited, and couldn't for the life of her figure out why I didn't think it was the neatest thing I've ever heard of. Next door to the convention was this boutique where you could rent/buy dress up outfits for your favorite old movie star, and then buy hats and accessories. Mom thought this lady was just what she wanted to be when she grows up. I'll pass thank-you very much...


3 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

yikes.

Jarom

Lori Thornbrue said...

I love it! Wish I was 'brave' enough. I think it would be fun.

Jarom and Melissa said...

The Red Hat Club started with a book by Haywood Smith a few years ago. It has a group of middle aged women who solve each others' problems and wear red hats and purple clothes whenever they go to lunch together. Interesting book, but I'm not about to go around playing dress-up or wearing a red hat when I'm fifty. Sorry Jane.