Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mount Rushmore in April

On April 12th I paid a visit to the South Dakota School of Mines in Rapid City, South Dakota. Upon my arrival, my host took me out to a quick salad lunch and then drove me 30 minutes to Mount Rushmore. We stayed about an hour looking at the mountain, and walking through the visitor's center. Inside the visitor's center they have some of the original tools used to sculpt the presidents' faces, and the original models. It is pretty impressive, but you can't get much closer than shown in the pictures we took. As we were leaving the park there was a mountain goat munching grass out on the lawn like it was no big deal.











3 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

It looks about the same as I remember it looking when I was six. Fun that they took you to see it though.

Rabecca said...

You get to travel to some of the best places. Hopefully before I die I will be able to get to at least half of my destinations :)

Leah said...

Well HOW COOL IS THAT? Love it!
Leah