Saturday, January 23, 2010

Back in the Saddle: a Day out with Levi

November 23, 2009: As I'm running up the basement stairs something in my knee "pops" followed by excruiating pain. An MRI reveals I have a torn meniscus in my left knee.

December 17, 2009: I have arthroscopic surgery on my knee. The procedure is uneventful and subsequently the doctor tells me he also cleaned up a little arthritis that had started.

January 22, 201o: I spend a day skiing with Levi, Jarom and Seth logging about 20 miles on the easy beginner runs at Keystone without any significant pain.

January 23, 2010: I wake up with some muscle soreness and a little twinge in my knee but otherwise it feels fine. Conclusion: I'M BACK!!!

Levi works for Sierra Snowboards in Sacramento, CA, and his company sent him to Colorado this weekend to help out with a big client ski/snowboard event. Since we have season passes for Keystone, it was a great chance to get it some quality "family time" with Levi.

Jarom shows off his new "gig bag" for his goggles.



Riding up the gondola


We're all jealous of Levi's sweet "puffy" jacket.





PS: Jarom thought his facial hair looked so nasty in these pictures that he shaved it all off except for a little chin stash when he came home.

4 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Glad you had a fun day with Levi and your leg held up. And I'm glad Jarom came to his senses and shaved.
-- Melissa

scooping it up said...

you all look like a bunch of kidnappers. well, seth is pretty innocent. but still.

Grandma Pearl said...

YEA!!! Jarom shaved. He looks so handsome. Melissa, you were a sport to put up with it, not me just ask Grandpa John.
I would love to have a day or two with my siblings or my children. I envy you . Glad you all had fun and Randy, I'm glad your knee is working so well.

Allie Thornbrue said...

All that ice from your trip is crazy. And I was really bummed I missed Levi, but we were so darn sick! That's what happens when you have lots of little people. Everyone shares everything.