Sunday, May 10, 2009

More Bahamas Fun

I'm finally done travelling for the rest of the school year (until September) except for one or two random conferences that might happen in July, so I thought I'd share a couple of photos from our day off in the Bahamas during the Disney Cruise I was on. We really put my underwater camera housing to good use and the water was warm and crystal-clear. While the picture quality is great, the photographers sometimes had issues. The folks in the pictures are my co-workers.

These are all Microsoft Evangelists attending the conference having lunch at Disney's private island "Castaway Cay".

Aboard a Hobie Cat sail boat. Sorry about the water on the lens. I've learned I need to check and blow it off.

Work friends and one professor (on the far right) getting ready to go snorkeling.

One of the underwater Mickey's that you can find. The diving cove ranges from six to eight feet deep, but the tide was out when we dove so it was pretty shallow.

I had a hamburger bun in a zip-lock bag for feeding the fish, and as soon as I took it out of my pocket they went nuts.

There were several sunken boats in the lagoon that Disney put there just for fun.

If you look to the right of the wheel, you'll see one of a pair of scorpion/lion fishes that were inside the wheelhouse of the ship. They have extremely poisonous spines.


This is a composite of all the videos that we took while snorkeling. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Sweet footage. Very cool trip. We'll have to make some more use of it this summer.

Jarom

Leah said...

Very nice. Hope the water was warm. Looks like you had a lot to see. Your camera works good under water.
Leah

Leslie said...

Great clarity! I love the Bahamas too. The water looks inviting. Camera pics and video are very sharp as well. Wish I was there.
Jason.