Sunday, April 19, 2009

More Spring Snow

This Spring has certainly been more "wintery" than the previous three years. Winter was relatively mild with almost no snow here in the city. Spring has been another matter entirely. I was travelling to Arizona and Seattle, WA last week and flew in around 11am on Friday. As I typically do, I went straight to work to try to get caught up on a few things and to make some phone calls. Jane called about 2pm and asked "have you looked out the window?". When I stood up I saw snow flake clumps that were at least an inch across coming down. A little while later our office manager closed the office early and suggested that everyone get on the road a bit early before the roads got too icy. I left about 4pm and had a pretty slow crawl home. Jarom and I were planning to go skiing on Saturday, but they closed the I-70 from Friday at 2pm until Saturday at about the same time, so we couldn't get up to Copper Mountain. It continued to snow until Saturday about 2pm, when it finally warmed up enough to turn to rain. Today (Sunday) was sunny and beautiful, and all the snow is melting but since we ended up getting about a foot of very wet snow, it will probably take another day or two to complete melt. We are very grateful for the moisture though.

This picture was taken at 7pm on Friday night





Allie and kids came down for the weekend and got to the house a little after it started snowing.

Video taken Friday night.

2 comments:

Grandma Pearl said...

Loved the pictures of the snow but couldn't hear the video. What is the secret to higher volume?
Grandma Pearl

Anonymous said...

Snow is beautiful but I'm glad not to live in it. The family looks cozy inside. And I enjoyed the video....good to hear your voice. I miss you,
Leah