Sunday, April 12, 2009

Guthrie, Oklahoma

I was visiting in Oklahoma last week, and the last couple of times I've been there, I travel between Stillwater and Oklahoma City. About 10 miles north of Oklahoma is this tiny town called "Guthrie". I've heard about Guthrie for years, and last Thursday I decided to get off the freeway and see if there was anything to see (there wasn't). If you click on the picture you can see what there is in the distance, but its not much. I'm sure I missed the main part of town, but from what I could see there wasn't much. But here are the pictures I took just in case you've heard of Guthrie. Apparently it figures somehow into the Oklahoma Land Rush.











3 comments:

Leslie said...

Some friends of ours went to Guthrie, Oklahoma a few years ago and brought us back a mug with "Guthrie" on it and a pin from there! Very cool! They said it was a small little town. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Ada Hackleman traveled thru there many years ago and took a picture of her underneath the city limit sign. I hear there are tons of Guthrie's in Oklahoma.
Leah

Jason and Leslie Guthrie said...

I wonder how many Guthries actually live there? Fun diversion.
Jason.