Sunday, December 14, 2008

More Arche de Triumphe

I went out this morning to see what I could see, and got some close-up pictures. What is weird is that because of no daylight savings and funny time zones, its this dark at 8:00am, although these were taken at 7am. I thought the lighting made these really interesting.

This was taken about 15 minutes from my hotel. I turned a corner and saw this really surreal view. The arch in the background is really inconguous with the street in the foreground

Same angle but from the head of the street

Front view from the Champs-Elysees. Right underneath is France's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Closer view of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

3 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

I love the shot of the cars along the street. So European.
-- Melissa

Jarom and Melissa said...

sweet shots. Wish you had more time for sight-seeing. Copper got 1.5 ft last night and today. Its also a negative 6 degrees at the house right now. Come home so we can going skiing.

Jarom

Grandma Pearl said...

I'd love to see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I've always been a history buff.
Once again I love to look at the pictures your taking.
Grandma Pearl