Saturday, December 13, 2008

First Night in Paris

I am in Paris from Dec 13-17 working at a conference for Information Systems professors. My flight to Paris went well. I sat in Economy for the first leg to Washington Dulles; boy I've forgotten how crowded it is back there! The flight from Washington DC to Paris was only half full, so I had no one next to me which made it nice. I read a Dan Brown book the entire 7 hours and didn't notice the time at all.

When I arrived, I was picked up by one of our local Microsoft academic reps, who took me to my hotel. Unfortunately it was too early to check in, so I left my luggage with the concierge, and then walked about a 1/2 mile to a local university where some of the conference meetings were going on. After lunch I walked back to the hotel and was able ot check in, so I took a nap and then went out to dinner with a bunch of people from the conference.

After dinner I grabbed my camera for a couple of nice shots near the conference center and my hotel.

The entrance to my hotel


This is my hotel from across the street

The street where my hotel is. My hotel is on the right down a couple of buildings. Christmas is definitely in the air.
A couple of streets away is a main boulevard, and from there you can see the Arch de Triumphe.

This the conference center where I'll be working for the next few days

3 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

cool night shots.

Jarom

Grandma Pearl said...

Randy,
Your photos are great. It looks and sounds like your enjoying France.
You have become a world traveler. I missed saying good-by to you .
Grandma Pearl

Melissa said...

Like they've both said, you got some great shots here. Glad you're enjoying yourself and your flights weren't too bad. Good luck with all your conferences. Too bad you don't have a little more time to sight-see, but such is life and business traveling.
-- Melissa