Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Last Night in Paris

My last night in Paris we had a "social event" at the conference that was held at a carnival museum with all kinds of antique carnival attractions that we could play with. After the event a Microsoft friend and I walked around until midnight taking night shots of Paris along the Champs-Elysees. Unfortunately my camera battery died (defective; I need a warranty replacement), but my friend loaned me his pocket camera so I got some pictures; but not as good as my camera would take.

This is the front desk of my hotel. I had to turn in the key whenever I left the building, and they would give it back when I came back. These are the cubby-holes where they keep the keys.



This video is of the cool Christmas lights along the Champs-Elysees. I really like the long streaking lights in the trees.


One of the cool concept cars in the dealerships along the Champs-Elysees

A couple of the Renault concept cars





Medieval-looking BBQ from the carnival museam dinner.
The world's biggest jar of Nutella

Outside courtyard at the carnival museum

I know some of us have been talking about the skittles game we used to have. At the carnival museum they had these turn-of-the-century games that used a brass top. Can you believe they let us play with these antiques? If you ring the bell you get to make a wish and it will come true. I rang the bell on the first spin! (I wished for a new skittles game).



Brass skittle top ready to go

This is one of the bikes on a bicycle carousel from the late 1800's
Lorne Olfman was one of my dissertation advisors. Here he is ready to give the bike carousel a try
This car was at the Peugeot Dealship

You have to see the car from all angle to appreciate it



Another Peugeot



This is a Citroen.

Random building with cool fog effect and French flag

Ferris Wheel and oblisk at the end of Champs-Elysees

Interesting poster warning tourists to be careful

3 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Sweet Carousel! It looks so dated. Very cool.

Jarom

Grandma Pearl said...

That was a pretty impressive sign for warning tourists to be careful. Melissa told me how to make the photo bigger and it worked!!YA!! for me.
I hope you get your wish for a new skittle game. We were entertained a lot with ours, I wonder where it went?
Randy,
How do you continue to write on your blog after you save it? I'm not through with my AZ trip and I can't seem to add to my script. Thanks.
Grandma Pearl

scooping it up said...

i like the "back to the future" car, looks safe. :)