Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hawaii Vacation Checkin

On November 2nd we left the house at 4:07am and drove to the Denver airport. Our flight for San Francisco left at 6:05am and took 2 1/2 hours. We had a 2 1/2 hour layover, so we went to the Red Carpet club and had a breakfast snack. Mom started a movie on my computer and I read a little bit. Since we only had a couple of hours of sleep the night before, we didn't feel like doing a lot. Our flight to Kaua'i took five and a half hours. I used some coupons I had accumulated and upgraded our seats to first class so we had more room, nice meals and lots of drinks and snacks, so the flight was pretty comfortable. Due to the time change it was 1pm local time when we arrived. We were met by event people at the airport, got a lei greeting and had a private bus to the resort where we are staying. When we checked into the resort we got a coupon for a free aloha shirt and a sarong for mom. We had a quick snack and then took a long nap before the evening welcome dinner. The dinner started at 7pm, but we were only there about 20 minutes before it started to rain. We ran for cover until it stopped, but gave up after a while because it was warm and too much trouble. We ended up just staying at a table with some people from Monument, CO and one of the Vice President hosts. A soggy but nice way to end our first day. The next morning was sunny and beautiful. We had a buffet breakfast and ate in one of the gardens.

Here we are in the Red Carpet club in San Francisco Airport waiting for our flight to Hawaii.
This is the view from our room. The beach is just to the left.
Jane and Randy at the outdoor reception. I'm not sure who got more damp; Jane from the perspiration in her raincoat or me from the rain.
Sunrise from our hotel
Breakfast in the garden

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! It really looks your having a nice time. I'm glad it didn't rain much more.
Everything looks so nice and green and I must admit you two look rested, sounds like your having fun. Good going Randy, upgrading is the best. Keep up the good work:)
Sorry we missed your call . I'd love to see the Dolphins . We were home a little after 10:00p.m. Keep having fun and report in when you get home. Check your e-mail from me when you can.
Blogs are the greatest.!!!!
Love,
Mom and Dad

Jarom and Melissa said...

Glad to see you're enjoying yourselves. I'm so jealous. Maybe in a few years?!? It looks beautiful and makes me want to go to Hawaii one day even more. Great pictures and thanks for the update. I'll see you and talk to you about your trip when I get back from Seattle. Have fun at the luau. Did I mention I'm jealous?
-- Melissa

Jarom and Melissa said...

Very nice. I didn't even realize you were blogging.

Jarom