Monday, October 19, 2009

Seth is Principal Cellist

Yesterday (Sunday) the Arapaho Philharmonic Youth Orchestra had it's first concert of the season and Seth sat as the principal cellist. The first concert of the season is traditionally a "side-by-side" concert with the adult philharmonic, which allows them to play a little more challenging repertoire. Seth's stand partner was the principal cellist of the adult symphony. The program included Beethoven's 1st symphony, part of Copeland's Appalachian Spring, and a Straus march. The concert was very nice considering they have been working on the music for only four weeks. I've posted below my video of the Copeland.

6 comments:

Allie Thornbrue said...

What a hottie, Seth. Glad to see those lessons are paying off.

Not quite CYMO, are they? But its probably a lot more fun.

Aunt Leah said...

What a great reward to many years of hard work. Congratulations Seth! What a great opportunity.

Jarom and Melissa said...

I didn't even know that, and I live here. Way to go, Seth!

scooping it up said...

Oh Allie, quit dissing CYMO. It was a lot of fun. Seth, nice work, esp after 4 weeks. Interesting arrangement. I will admit, I was dreading the violin runs towards the end, they weren't as bad as I expected. This piece is a hard 1st violin part. Wish we could come to your concerts. Jane loved watching this.

scooping it up said...

Oh Allie, quit dissing CYMO. It was a lot of fun. Seth, nice work, esp after 4 weeks. Interesting arrangement. I will admit, I was dreading the violin runs towards the end, they weren't as bad as I expected. This piece is a hard 1st violin part. Wish we could come to your concerts. Jane loved watching this.

Leslie said...

I remember playing Appalachian Spring in my orchestra in high school. Brought back lots of memories! Great job, Seth!