Thursday, January 10, 2008

Medical Procedures Report

Medically speaking, it has been an eventful week. It all started last Monday, when I got a colonoscopy. Jarom was a huge emotional support as I tried to drink two liters of lemon-lime flavored laxative before it all hit. I ended up drinking too fast and threw about half of it up; all while Jarom and Melissa are laughing at me on speaker phone. Apparently it worked enough because as you can see in the photos below, there are no "foreign objects" or as Staci might say "shooting stars" in the picture. At the end of the "procedure" they gave me some color pictures that they took which I gladly shared at first but by popular demand have removed.


Four days later I had surgery to remove all the hardware in my leg from last-year's Christmas "break". After I went skiing two weeks ago the hardware was killing my ankle ie: grinding into the inside of the skin on my ankle, so the very next business day I was in the doctor's office scheduling the surgery to have it removed. They took it all out last Friday January 4th. The picture below shows it all. And before anyone says anything funny; No, the coins were not part of what they removed. I put the coins in the picture to show the scale. Its been 5 days now and I had the stitches taken out yesterday and I can walk on it with only a minor limp. They basically went into the same incisions (there was one on each side of the ankle) so I am dealing with a flesh wound, but the bone is strong and the ligaments are all in place so I can put my weight on it. The plate and seven of the screws was on the left side of my ankle, and two of the screws were on the right side.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting report. James thinks this family is nuts with how much we are into bodies and fluids.

Glad all came out well--from all ends.

scooping it up said...

Amen. I can't believe the words colon and rectum made it to this public forum. I like the picture of the screws, very cool.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Glad to hear everything's OK, and even though Jarom's had a colonoscopy and I thought I'd heard it all, coming from you, it's just a little unsettling. Sorry. But I do agree with Staci. I like the picture of the screws and pins. And, just for the record I wasn't laughing AT you per se, I was laughing because I KNOW I couldn't handle two lites of that stuff and would be worse than you. You were a champ even amidst the vomiting.
-- Melissa