Friday, October 26, 2007

The New TV

Last week we set up the new TV. Mom gets the credit for finding the cool stand that didn't cost a fortune. Notice the ghetto rabbit ear antenna. Credit the ultra sharp picture to the fact that (1) Fox transmits in both analog and digital formats, and (2) our new TV can receive digital. We are watching Channel 31.1 . Mom and Seth are watching the Colorado Rockies get their trash kicked in Game 1 of the World Series. Game two was almost as depressing as the Rockies couldn't seem to get anything going. The bad pitching calls by the ump didn't help. Interestingly, Mom has watched both games until she had to go to work, most of the time on speaker-phone with Staci in Boston, who helps us understand all the subtle nuances of being a Red Sox fan and Fenway Park.


7 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

That is just lovely. It brought a tear to my eye.

Not to mention the fact that without the big TV stand that was previously there, the room seems to really open up.

Nice. Now where am I going to put my bed?

Jarom and Melissa said...

PS- for the sake of updating your calendar Melissa is due May 9, not 6.
(Not that I think it really matters, but it just puts her and Staci's due date even closer together.)

Jarom and Melissa said...

OH - and before I forget!
Don't think that I didn't notice the sweet gaming chair nestled in the corner. I see said chair and I together in the near future.

Jarom

scooping it up said...

Amen amen about the not huge tv stand. The room looks great. Its a disappointment to the bed-ridden invalid that the Rockies swung at bad pitches for 4 games straight and didn't keep the series going longer. Maybe next time.

scooping it up said...

what the he-double hockey stick is a "gaming chair?" Jarom makes me barf. Nope, that's my unborn kid. Nope, it's also Jarom.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Nice T.V.! We call dibs when you want to get rid of it and it still works!

Jason said...

Hey Guthries, love the new tube, can I have one, too? It seems you have the TV I want and Jarom house the sound system I want, and I have nothing you want. I'm sure Staci and her hubby were happy to see that you took a picture of the Red Sox pounding the Rockies 13 - 1. Hope all is well.