Saturday, February 26, 2011

Annual Family Ski Extravaganza

February 9-14 we had the pleasure of once again hosting Jason's family for what is becoming our annual (this was the third) ski extravaganza in Colorado. We have always been blessed with great weather and this time it was no exception. The first day at Breckenridge Ski Resort was very cold (how does -20 sound) and windy, but that only served to make our next two days at Vail seem even more amazing. Most of the documentation we have is video via Jason and Jarom's helmet cams, but I snagged these individual photos off of the resort "Sharpshooter" photographer's website. They sell these full size digital for $60 each (I don't think so....) but I snipped these smaller ones from my account gallery. Vail is about 2 hours away, but the drive goes by fast by fun conversation and great scenery. Leslie's altitude meds make her a little drowsy so she sleeps most of the way. Last season I was recovering from knee surgery but this season I'm much improved so we all kept together pretty well, even on the steeper stuff. I also tried my first "double black diamond" (expert) run and survived. Leslie upped her game this season with hot pink pants and plaid jacket, and this was Kevin's first trip to Colorado with us having just come home from his church mission in Poland and he did great. Both Jason and Leslie sported new boots and skis. We missed having Brandon (on a mission in Bolivia) and Seth (at BYU) with us this year. If you don't know our color schemes: Randy: torquois pants & white jacket, Jarom: yellow pants, Kevin: multi-color jacket, Leslie: pink pants & plaid jacket, Jason, camo jacket (we'll have to talk Jason into something flashier for next year).








2 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like you got a good picture of everyone. So glad you had fun.

Jason and Leslie Guthrie said...

Great pictures. I don't remember some of those. Looking at them makes me want to go skiing BAD! Looking forward to next time. I really enjoy skiing together with our group. Fun Times.

Jason.